Please be informed that certain nationalities require a visa for entry into Denmark. Visa requirements must be met before arrival to Denmark. It is your responsibility as a delegate to check if a visa is required and obtaining the proper entry visa for Denmark.
For the updated visa procedure please consult:
The processing time for visa applications varies and depends on local circumstances. Participants requiring an entry visa are advised to book their appointment 2 months before departure. All applicants need an appointment in order to submit their visa application. Please note that the visa procedure takes at least 15 days.
Step 1 – Getting started
• Visa required for your nationality?
Please see the list of countries whose citizens need a visa to enter Denmark:
• Which institution issues the entry visa for your country of residence?
If you want to apply for visa to Denmark please see the list by clicking on the link below. The list refers to the Danish missions or outsourcing offices in the region, where you can hand in your application. If there are no Danish missions or outsourcing offices in the region, the list refers to missions to whom Denmark share a representation agreement, e.g. Norway, Sweden etc. If there is no representation agreement, the list refers to the nearest Danish mission or outsourcing office in the region.
Step 2 – Required documents for delegates
We strongly recommend that you first contact the Danish Embassy/Consulate responsible for handling your application to obtain a list of all required documents for your visa application, as requirements do differ depending on your country of residence.
In general, the following documents are required when applying for a visa:
• A passport or other valid travel document. Your passport/travel document must be valid for at least three months after your planned departure date. Moreover, your passport/travel document must have been issued within the past ten years and must have at least two blank pages.
• A passport photo measuring 35mm x 45mm. The distance from your chin to the top of your head should measure between 30mm and 36mm. The photograph should bear a close resemblance to your current appearance and you should be facing the camera directly.
• Fingerprints (at the moment, this only applies to applicants who submit their application to a diplomatic mission where the Schengen visa system has been rolled out).
• Payment of visa processing fee (typically €60).
• Relevant documentation, such as information about the reason for the trip, proof that you have available accommodation, proof that you have sufficient means at your disposal to cover your living expenses as well as your travel home. You should also include information that will allow immigration authorities to determine whether you plan to leave the Schengen region when your visa expires.
• Proof that you have travel insurance. The policy must be valid throughout the Schengen region for the entire visa period. Minimum coverage must be €30,000
Step 3 – Obtaining an official invitation letter
The SportAccord Convention 2017 Local Organising Committee supports delegates in obtaining the official invitation letter as described in details below:
Please register for SportAccord Convention 2017 by clicking here
You will receive an email for SportAccord Convention confirming your registration.
• As from end of August 2016 the personalized official invitation letter required by the Danish authorities for certain nationalities to issue a visa, will be sent to you via email by the SportAccord Convention 2017 Local Organising Committee and may take up to three (3) working days after having received your registration confirmation email.
For questions regarding the official invitation letter please contact the SportAccord Convention 2017 Local Organising Committee at [email protected]
Step 4 – Obtaining a hotel reservation (if required)
As a delegate to SportAccord Convention 2017, you can reserve your hotel accommodation through the SportAccord Convention 2017 online registration system.
If you have booked your hotel through the online registration system, you can request your hotel reservation confirmation by sending an email to [email protected]
• If you did not book your hotel through SportAccord Convention 2017 online registration system, please contact your hotel directly.
For any questions regarding visa, please contact the SportAccord Convention 2017 Local Organising Committee at [email protected]